- 2 cups dry lentils (about 1 pound)
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 4 cups water
- 1 package (12 ounces) vegetarian hot dogs, sliced
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 4 Quart
- Rinse the lentils and put them in the slow cooker.
- Add the barbecue sauce, water and hot dog slices and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 9 hours. If possible, check every few hours during cooking and add a little more water if the lentils seem to be getting too dry. The lentils will be soft when they are done cooking.
Nutrition Estimates Per Serving (1 cup): 272 calories, 1.7 g fat, 0 g sat fat, 5 mg cholesterol, 809 mg sodium, 43.5 g carbs, 25 g sugars, 14.8 g fiber, 21.3 g protein, *6 Weight Watchers Points Plus and 9* SmartPointsIf you’re not a fan of vegetarian hot dogs, substitute your favorite fat free hot dogs (I like the ones from Hebrew National with 1 Points Plus)