I’m not one to fuss too much over dinner, and as much as I love the simplicity of taco night, it’s nice to put a little extra effort into a simple weeknight dinner and that’s when I turn to a recipe like this baked burrito loco casserole. It’s practical, simple, and super delicious. A casserole always equals comfort food and this recipe is no different. It’s almost like a burrito lasagna!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 (15 oz) can refried beans
- 1 (15 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 12 large flour tortillas
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, season the ground beef with taco seasoning, and brown along with the onions until beef has cooked through.
- Stir in refried beans and cook until heated through. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, stir together the cream of mushroom soup and sour cream. Spread half of mixture on bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Using 3 tortillas, cover soup mixture, cutting some tortillas in pieces or halves to evenly cover the dish.
- Spread tortillas evenly with a third of the beef mixture, followed by a third of the remaining soup mixture, and a quarter of the cheese. Repeat layers two more times.
- Top with final layer of tortillas, followed by remaining cheese.
- Bake until cheese has melted, about 20 minutes. Enjoy!