- 3 eggs, separated
- 3 Tablespoons cream cheese
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder (or cream of tartar)
- Optional ingredients: 1 TBS Honey or your favorite natural sweetener, salt, garlic powder, rosemary and other fav spices/herbs
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit (150 degrees Celsius)
- Separate the eggs, there must be no yolk in the white.
- In one bowl, mix together the egg yolks, cream cheese and honey until smooth.
- In the second bowl add 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder (or cream of tartar if you prefer, I just didn’t like the taste of cream of tartar) to the whites and beat the whites on high speed until they are fluffy, form a nice peaks and hold their peaks.
- Slowly fold the egg yolk mixture into the egg whites and mix carefully, you don’t want to break the fluffiness of the egg whites too much.
- Do this as quickly as possible or the mixture may start melting – Spoon the mixture into 10-12 even rounds onto lightly greased baking sheet, sprinkle with rosemary or your favorite spices and put it in the oven.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes on the middle rack. Then broil (cook the top) for 1 minute and watch it until they become nice and golden brown. At this point make sure you watch them so they don’t burn
- Remove from the oven and let cool and enjoy!
They can be stored in the container on your counter-top for 3 days. They can also be stored in the refrigerator for 7 days and they can also be stored in the freezer. If you decide to toast them, set the timer for 1 minute or the sides may burn.
Nutrition Facts (based on 2 rolls/5 servings)
Calories — 63
Calories from Fat — 42
Total Fat 4.7g
Total Carbohydrates 1.5g
Vitamin A 4% • Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 2% • Iron 3%
WW SP PER SERVING = 3
Get the full recipe and step-by-step directions from The Big Apple Mama.