- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, cornstarch, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate, larger bowl, cream together the butter and powdered sugar with an electric mixer. Add vanilla and mix until combined.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to butter mixture, stirring to combine. Add butterscotch chips and toffee bits and stir.
- Lay a sheet of plastic wrap onto a countertop or work surface. Place dough on top of plastic wrap and form into a log about 2.5 inches in diameter. Wrap and chill until firm, 1 to 2 hours.
- Unwrap dough and cut into 1/4-inch slices. Arrange slices 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet and bake until lightly browned on edges, 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool on sheet 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack to finish cooling. Enjoy!