Recipe By:Robin Myshrall Ulery
“These cocktail meatballs are perfect for a Christmas, New Year’s Eve, or any party that you want to impress. They are the first appetizer to go, and everyone wants the recipe. The recipe originated in Cape Cod (cranberry country). Bon appetit!”
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (16 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce (such as Ocean Spray(R))
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 2 1/2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Mix ground beef, bread crumbs, parsley, eggs, grated onion, soy sauce, and garlic powder in a bowl until thoroughly combined. Pinch off about 2 teaspoons of meat mixture per meatball and roll into small meatballs. Arrange meatballs in a large, deep baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until meatballs are browned, about 25 minutes. Drain excess grease.
- Combine jellied cranberry sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, and lemon juice in a saucepan and place over medium heat. Stir the sauce until cranberry sauce has melted and brown sugar has dissolved.
- Pour the sauce over meatballs and bake until sauce forms a glaze and meatballs are no longer pink inside, 25 to 30 more minutes.