Recipe By: CupcakeSparkles11
“My kids love these and so does my husband. It can be made with any ground meat and I serve it with sweet and sour sauce.”
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) package wonton wrappers
- water, or as needed
- 2 cups vegetable oil, or as needed
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease.
- Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon ground beef and 1/2 teaspoon Colby-Monterey Jack cheese onto the center of each wonton wrapper. Fold each wrapper into a triangle and seal edges together with water.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). The vegetable oil will be ready when bubbles form around the end of a wooden spoon inserted in the oil.
- Fry wontons in the hot oil until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove wontons with a slotted spoon and transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.