Makes 6 servings at 4 Weight Watchers Points+ each.
- 1 Pound Shredded Chicken (we prefer boneless skinless chicken breast but you can use thigh or leg quarters just make sure to remove fat and skin)
- 2 Cups Low Fat Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- ½ Package Angel Hair Pasta (approximately 8ounces uncooked) cooked until just soft – will finish cooking in oven
- 1/3 Cup Non Fat Sour Cream
- ¼ Cup Skim Milk
- ¼ Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 3 Dashes Hot Sauce (Tabasco or similar)
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Italian Seasoning Blend (1/3 Tsp. Oregano, 1/3 Tsp. Thyme, 1/3 Tsp. Basil)
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper as desired
I like to boil up a big batch of chicken at the begging of the week. Shredded it up and store it and then it’s ready to go for recipes that night and for a couple of nights to follow. Boiling chicken is super easy. You just toss it into a pot of water and let the pot reach boiling and continue cooking until your chicken is cooked through. This recipe is also a perfect way to use up leftover shredded chicken.
Get your oven ready, turning it on to 350°F. Prep your casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
Now, it’s as easy as combining all of your ingredients, including your cooked and shredded chicken and your cooked and drained pasta into a large bowl. Mix together all the ingredients so everything is well coated. Pour all into your casserole dish and bake for 35 minutes or until bubbling and browned around the edges!