Recipe By: Smith’s Wife
“I got this recipe from my cousin and now this is my favorite dish. The ranch dressing mix adds nice flavor.”
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- 10 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in the chicken and cook until no longer pink in the center, about 7 minutes. Whisk together the condensed cream of chicken soup, sour cream, chiles, and ranch dressing in a bowl; spread a thin layer of the mixture into a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of sauce into each tortilla; divide the chicken among the tortillas and sprinkle with 3/4 of the cheese. Roll the tortillas into cylinders and place seam-side-down into the baking dish. Pour the remaining sauce over the enchiladas and cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until hot, about 35 minutes. Remove the foil and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Return to the oven and cook a few more minutes until the cheese melts.