- 1 1/2 – 2 cups vanilla wafers, finely crushed
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans, finely crushed
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Chocolate or Christmas sprinkles, as needed
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper. Set aside.
- Crush nuts and wafers with a rolling pin or in a food processor. Crumbs should be very fine.
- To a large bowl, add 1 1/2 cups of the wafer crumbs, condensed milk, cocoa powder, crushed nuts, rum, and salt. Stir together with a spoon, then use your hands to combine the mixture once it becomes too thick. If mixture isn’t thick enough, add more wafer crumbs.
- Scoop out and roll mixture into 1-inch balls, then roll in sprinkles until coated. Place on prepared baking sheet and chill until firm and ready to serve. Enjoy!