Recipe By: karen
“This is a variation of a cake batter puppy chow mix. I like to bring this to gatherings because it is too addictive to keep at home! I like to use Crispix(R) for the shape, but you can use rice or corn Chex(R). Store this in a sealed zipper bag or plastic container.”
- 5 ounces vanilla-flavored candy coating (almond bark), chopped
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 5 cups crispy corn and rice cereal (such as Crispix(R))
- 1 1/2 cups white cake mix with colored sprinkles
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons colored sprinkles, or more to taste
- Combine vanilla almond bark and shortening in a microwave-safe bowl. Melt in microwave stirring every 30 seconds until mixture is smooth, about 90 seconds total.
- Place corn and rice cereal in a large bowl. Slowly pour the almond bark mixture over the cereal, stirring often to completely coat. Add cake mix and confectioners’ sugar to cereal mixture; toss to coat. Shake sprinkles over the puppy chow.