Recipe By: SB
“A Starbucks(R) favorite that you can copycat in your own kitchen. Recipe shared with me by a friend. Delicious with a cup of fresh-brewed coffee.”
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (4.3 ounce) package non-instant lemon pudding mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, or more to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 2 loaf pans.
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, oil, eggs, sour cream, milk, and 6 tablespoons lemon juice into bowl of stand mixer; beat for 2 minutes and pour into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Cool in the pans for 20 minutes before removing from pans to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Whisk confectioners’ sugar and 3 tablespoons lemon juice together in a bowl until smooth; spoon evenly over the loaves and let set before slicing, about 30 minutes.