This recipe was given to me from a friend at our local church who would always bring it to holiday gatherings and potlucks. I give her the credit for this yummy side dish. My kids insist on having this every Thanksgiving & Christmas as one of our traditional side dishes.
1 can(s) creamed corn, undrained; 14.75 oz
1 can(s) corn, drained; 15.25 oz.
1 box Jiffy cornbread mix (8.5 oz) or use the below substitution
2 large eggs
1 stick butter, melted
3 c shredded cheddar cheese
1 c sour cream
COPYCAT JIFFY MIX
2/3 c all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 Tbsp baking powder
3 Tbsp sugar
1/2 c cornmeal
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. To make corn casserole, combine all the ingredients in a bowl, except for half of the cheese.
2. Grease a 13×9 baking dish.
3. Pour corn casserole into the baking dish.
4. Bake at 350 F until center is set and casserole is slightly golden, about 35-40 minutes.
5. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
6. Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes.
7. Then enjoy your corn casserole!