My son’s girlfriend made these for us a while back. They were so delicious, I just had to get the recipe from her!
1 pkg (8 oz.) cream cheese
2 clove garlic, minced
2 c deli rotisserie chicken, or leftover roast/baked chicken shredded
1 bunch green onion, thinly sliced
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 c shredded cheddar cheese
10 medium corn tortillas
canola oil for frying
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. While oven is preheating, heat about a tablespoon of oil in a skillet. Fry tortillas, 1 at a time over medium heat until just very lightly browned. Repeat with all tortillas. Use more oil as needed. Set aside on a wire rack or paper towels to drain.
3. Place the cream cheese in a sauce pan over low heat, Stir until cream cheese is completely melted.
4. Add the shredded chicken, garlic, green onion, and cheddar cheese. Remove the saucepan from heat and stir until well combined.
5. Divide the chicken mixture evenly between each shell. Place the taco shells in a 9×13 inch baking dish. Bake for about 8-10 minutes or until the shells are starting to brown well.