Recipe By: MBMCD
“The dough for these cookies is what makes them exceptional. I always quadruple this recipe for the holidays. Most popular fillings are peach, apricot, raspberry and date. Use your imagination! This year I’m trying Michigan cherry preserves and cranberry marmalade. You better hide a few for Christmas day–these are the ones that go first!”
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup any flavor fruit jam
- 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar for decoration
- Mix cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add flour slowly until well blended. Shape into a ball and chill overnight or for several hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Roll dough out 1/8 inch thick on a floured pastry board. Cut into 2 1/2 inch squares and place about 1/2 teaspoon jam or preserves in the center. Overlap opposite corners and pinch together. Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool on wire racks. Sprinkle kolacky lightly with confectioner’s sugar.