- 1 pound mild Italian sausage
- 2 pounds Russet potatoes, diced
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 3 cups chopped kale or spinach
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- Olive oil, for garnish
- Brown and crumble Italian sausage in a large stock pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Remove sausage with a slotted spoon and drain excess drippings from pot.
- Return sausage to pot and add potatoes, chicken stock, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium. Cook until potatoes are tender, about 10-12 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove ½ of potatoes from pot. In a separate bowl, mash potatoes then return them to the pot. Stir in kale or spinach leaves, heavy cream, and more salt and pepper, to taste. Cook until kale is tender, about 2-3 minutes.
- To serve, garnish with shredded parmesan cheese, freshly cracked black pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil.