Recipe By: Yumbolt
“This is a favorite Atkins-friendly recipe. We frequently eat this or sometimes make a Greek version…”
- 3 thick slices bacon, diced
- 1/2 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add bacon and onion; cook and stir until sizzling, about 5 minutes. Add beef; season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir until beef is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Season with garlic salt and onion powder. Cook until browned, about 5 minutes more. Drain excess grease.
- Press beef mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate. Cover with 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Whisk eggs, mayonnaise, and heavy cream together in a bowl. Pour over Cheddar cheese and beef mixture in the pie plate.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set, about 45 minutes. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese on top. Continue baking until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.