- 2 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup pecans, chopped
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Heat sugar, water, corn syrup, and salt together in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir occasionally over 8-10 minutes, or until a candy thermometer reads 260°F.
- Beat egg whites on high speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Remove saucepan from heat and slowly pour candy from the saucepan into the bowl with beaten egg whites, mixing speed set to High. Work slowly and carefully. Continue to beat until mixture holds its shape, about 5-10 minutes. Monitor mixing process carefully.
- Stir in vanilla extract and chopped pecans until well blended.
- Grease two spoons with cooking spray. Scoop a spoonful of candy mixture and drop onto prepared baking sheet. Repeat until all of the mixture is used.
- Allow candy to set up at room temperature until dry and no longer sticky. Store in an airtight container for 3 days.