“These waffles are so light and crispy right off the griddle, they’re just like fresh funnel cakes….but with so much less guilt! Crunchy on the outside with a tender middle, you’ll swear they’ve been fried!”
- 1/2 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Combine 1/2 cup warm water and 1 teaspoon sugar in a bowl; add yeast. Let stand until yeast softens and begins to form a creamy foam, about 10 minutes.
- Mix flour, 2 cups water, butter, and salt into yeast mixture and stir until smooth. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate, 8 hours to overnight.
- Stir 1/4 cup sugar, vanilla extract, and baking soda into flour mixture until batter is smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle over medium heat. Drop batter, about 1/4 cup per waffle, onto the griddle until waffles quit releasing steam, about 10 minutes.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2019 Allrecipes.com