Recipe By: MARBALET
“Traditional German dumplings. You can also mince a few pieces of bacon in a pan, and heat the cooked spaetzle in the bacon drippings-only omit the butter, if preparing recipe with bacon.”
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch freshly ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 gallon hot water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Mix together flour, salt, white pepper, and nutmeg. Beat eggs well, and add alternately with the milk to the dry ingredients. Mix until smooth.
- Press dough through spaetzle maker, or a large holed sieve or metal grater.
- Drop a few at a time into simmering liquid. Cook 5 to 8 minutes. Drain well.
- Saute cooked spaetzle in butter or margarine. Sprinkle chopped fresh parsley on top, and serve.