- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked wild rice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup half-and-half or heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, onions, carrots, and celery, and cook until starting to soften, 3-5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken stock, rice, and bay leaf and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until rice has cooked through, 25-30 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream or half-and-half and thyme, season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve. Enjoy!