To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
- 1 pkg yellow cake mix
- eggs, oil, water, as directed on box
- 2 can(s) sliced or diced peaches, 16 oz
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- 1/8 tsp almond extract (optional)
- sliced almonds (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix cake batter as directed on box. For a more rustic cake, you can leave it a bit clumpy. (This is one point where you could add extract)
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and corn starch until well combined
- In a small nonstick skillet, heat peaches in juice, breaking them up a little. (You can also add the extract here if you choose to use it.) Add the brown sugar mixture and stir until thickened.
- In an ungreased 9×13 cake pan (I use Pyrex, which comes with a lid for storage and transport) pour cake batter. Drop peaches by large spoonfuls all over the batter. (If you want almonds, sprinkle them on at this point.)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes. Don’t over-bake; it’s best when it’s still a little gooey.
- Serve hot or cold, with ice cream or milk, or sneak spoonfuls from the pan every time you pass the kitchen. 😉