Recipe By: Megan Sneed
“This is a simple and delicious recipe for apples wrapped in dough with an orange vanilla sauce. Don’t forget the ice cream!”
- 2 Granny Smith apples – peeled, cored and quartered
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Wrap each apple piece in one crescent roll. Place seam side down in an 8×8 baking dish and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- In medium saucepan, combine butter, sugar, and orange juice; bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour over rolls.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until pastry is golden and apples are tender. Spoon sauce over rolls when serving.