Recipe By: Steven Paul Ray
“This is so easy and delicious! We have enjoyed hamburger gravy in our family for years.”
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 quart milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 small onion, chopped (optional)
- Place hamburger in a large, deep skillet. Crumble and cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Remove from heat and sprinkle flour over cooked hamburger. Stir until evenly coated and all fat is absorbed.
- Place skillet over medium heat, add 1/2 of milk and stir until gravy begins to thicken. Add remaining milk until desired consistency has been reached and gravy comes to a boil. Season with salt, pepper and onion salt.
- Serve over mashed or boiled potatoes, toast or biscuits. Add fresh chopped onion if desired.