Looking for a quick and easy dinner to whip up on those busy weeknights? We’ve got just the thing! Chicken is certainly a staple in my family dinners, but sometimes it feels like I prepare the same three or four chicken dinners over and over again. I’m excited to add Hasselback fajita chicken to the meal rotation (and so is my family).
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- Cilantro, chopped, for serving
- Preheat oven to 450°F and grease a baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Make horizontal slices across each chicken breast, stopping 1/4-inch from the bottom.
- Coat chicken with olive oil and rub taco seasoning into the meat.
- Tuck peppers and onion into each slice then place chicken in prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove, top with cheese, and return to oven until cheese has melted and chicken has cooked through, about 5 more minutes. Enjoy!