There’s something about Japanese culture that has always fascinated me. Its strange dishes – different to most foods we eat in the west – is probably paramount in this respect.
With this particular recipe for Japanese cheesecake, however, I was sceptical at first. Most of us will have eaten cheesecake before, sure, but this is something different …
All in all, you need but three ingredients.
Sceptical I may have been, but one taste put an end to all of that. Its color – a bright yellow – drew me in, whilst the fluffy, melt-in-your-mouth texture stole me away.
I’ve quickly understood why food lovers the world over are hailing this crazy creation … one that’s since garnered some 11 million views on YouTube!
What you need:
120grams (4.3oz) white chocolate
120grams (4.3oz) cream cheese
What to do:
1: First, separate the eggs yolks from their whites in two different bowls. Place plastic foil over the bowl with the egg whites and place it in the refrigerator for later use.
2. Break the chocolate into pieces and place them in a bowl. Then place the bowl on top of a pot of boiling water.
3. Stir the chocolate until it has melted and then mix in the cream cheese. Remove the bowl from the pot and add the 3 egg yolks to the mixture.
4. Beat the eggs into the mixture until you’re left with a foam-like substance. It should be so thick that you can turn the bowl upside down without losing anything.
5. Now mix the egg whites in. Pour a little at a time, while stirring quickly in between.
6. Rub some oil on baking paper and place it into a form. Then pour the batter in.
7. Drop the form onto the kitchen counter to release any air bubbles.
8. Place the form onto a baking tray and pour some hot water onto the tray around it.
9. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 170 degrees. Then bake at 160 for another 15 minutes. Finally, turn off the oven and allow the cake to bake for a further 15 minutes with the remaining heat.
10. Now add some icing sugar, and there you have it! You’ve now made a Japanese cheesecake that no one can resist.
See the video below for the whole recipe:
Does that look good or what? This fantastic cheesecake needs but one chance to capture your heart!
Help us spread this incredible recipe with all your friends on Facebook – maybe they’ll invite you over to try some time!