- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapples, with juice
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350º F and lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with butter or non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, flour, baking soda and salt, then mix in eggs and pineapple.
- Pour batter into your pan and top with an even layer of pecans and brown sugar.
- Place baking dish in oven and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- While cake cooks, combine evaporated milk, sugar and butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract, then pour over hot cake.
- Let cake cool so it absorbs icing, then slice, serve and enjoy.