Recipe by tammy chastain
I just love this cake recipe. I make it for Easter and Mother’s Day. My family loves it as well. It is simple, easy and your family and friends will love it also.
2 box Duncan Hines yellow cake mixes
water for mixing cake mixes, go by directions on boxes
use melted butter for cake mixes instead of oil, for amount go by directions on box
1 can(s) crushed pineapple, 20 oz., drained
3 bananas, cut and smashed
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp vanilla extract
1 c chopped pecans
1 dash(es) salt
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
1 pkg cream cheese softened, 8 oz.
1 pkg confectioners’ sugar, 16 oz.
1 stick salted butter, softened
1-2 Tbsp milk
1/2 Tbsp vanilla extract
1. Heat oven to 350 and grease a large square cake pan (like 12×18). If you do not have a 12×18 pan, a 9×13 will work. Just cut all the ingredients in half.
2. First, mix cake mixes according to directions on the boxes except use melted butter in place of oil. Also, add vanilla extract.
3. Next add pineapple, smashed bananas, cinnamon, salt, and pecans.
4. Mix all this together well.
5. Pour into pan and cook for 25 to 30 min or until toothpick is inserted and comes out clean. Let cool and ice with cream cheese frosting.
6. For frosting, add cream cheese to mixing bowl. Add butter, confectioners sugar, and vanilla. Mix well.
7. Add milk, a little a the time, to get the consistency you want it to be.
8. Then frost cake after it cools and enjoy.
Last Step: Don’t forget to share!