We’re still busy exploring all of the delicious ways to use our Instant Pot, and there remains no shortage of ways to work magic with this amazing kitchen tool. Our sour cream pork chops are yet another way to enjoy our Instant Pot. This dinner is simple and flavorful and the Instant Pot does all of the work, almost instantly! A dry pork chop is our biggest concern any time we prepare pork chops, and so, to keep the meat tender and juicy, we’ve created a savory sauce that is an absolute delight, and absolutely essential when using this method to cook pork.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 yellow onion, cut into wedges
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Mashed potatoes, for serving
- Add butter to instant pot to sauté and cook onions for 6-8 minutes, or until softened.
- Push onions to the edges of instant pot, then add pork chops (working in batches, if necessary), and brown pork chops on both sides. Add garlic powder, and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Stir in beef stock and Worcestershire sauce to deglaze pot, then cover instant pot, seal pressure valve, and set to pressure cook on high for 8 minutes.
- Let naturally release for 5 minutes, then manually release pressure valve.
- Optional: open lid and set pork chops aside.
- Whisk together cornstarch and water in a small bowl and stir slurry into instant pot.
- Sauté for 5-8 minutes, or until thickened, then stir in sour cream.
- Return pork chops to pan and coat in sauce.
- Serve hot and enjoy.