Recipe By: Jeanne Gold
“A mixture of chicken, eggs, bread crumbs, sauteed onion, parsley and light seasoning make croquettes you’ll go crazy for! My grandmother used to make salmon cakes; I adapted that recipe to use leftover cooked chicken.”
- 3 cups cooked, finely chopped chicken meat
- 1 1/2 cups seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups sauteed chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large bowl combine the chicken, bread crumbs, 2 eggs and onion and mix well; if mixture is too dry to form patties, mix in another lightly beaten egg. Then add parsley, salt and pepper to taste, mix well and form into small patties.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat and fry patties in oil until golden brown.