Recipe By: IronChefLaurie
“One word for these lemon-blueberry pancakes … delicious! Serve with butter and real maple syrup.”
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tablespoon butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 teaspoons oil, or as needed
- 1 cup frozen blueberries, or as needed, thawed
- Sift together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk together milk and egg in a small bowl. Add milk and egg mixture to flour mixture, whisking until blended. Stir in melted butter and lemon zest.
- Lightly oil a griddle and heat over medium-high heat. Fill a 1/4-cup measure with batter and pour onto the hot griddles. Drop a few blueberries on top and cover them with a little batter. Cook until bubbles form and the edges are dry, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip and cook until browned on the other side, 2 to 3 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.