- 6 cups mashed potatoes, homemade or store-bought
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1-2 (10.5 oz.) cans condensed cream of chicken soup, depending on how creamy you want dish
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350º F and lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 1-2 cans of soup (depending on how creamy/sauce you want this to be), milk, garlic powder, onion powder, rosemary and thyme, then season with salt and pepper.
- Spread mashed potatoes into an even layer in greased baking dish, then top with shredded chicken.
- Pour “gravy” sauce over chicken, then top with cheddar cheese, if using.
- Place baking dish in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5-10 minutes before serving.