Recipe By: ERINLOVE65
“Some members of my family call it manicotti, some call it Italian casserole. So I call it Manicotti Italian Casserole. This is one of my all time favorite meals to make, and it’s super easy! For gatherings I make the whole recipe, for my family I cut it in half.”
- 1 pound rigatoni pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 2 (32 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds shredded mozzarella cheese
- thinly sliced pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil. Pour in rigatoni, and cook until al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, and set pasta aside.
- Meanwhile, brown ground beef and italian sausage in a large skillet over medium heat. With a slotted spoon, remove beef and sausage to a baking dish. Stir mushrooms, spaghetti sauce, and cooked pasta into the baking dish. Sprinkle cheese and pepperoni over the top.
- Bake in preheated oven until the cheese is brown and bubbly, about 20 minutes.