Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 40 minutes
Ingredients for Meatloaf Muffins:
1 package (~1.25 pounds) 99% fat-free ground turkey breast
1 slice whole wheat or multigrain bread (I used Milton’s Multi-Grain) or ½ cup store bought bread crumbs
1 cup onions, finely diced
1 egg, I used Egg-Land’s Best eggs
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
½ cup Sweet Baby Ray’s barbecue sauce or your favorite
¼ teaspoon salt
Fresh ground pepper, to taste
Ingredients for Topping:
⅓ cup Sweet Baby Ray’s barbecue sauce or your favorite
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a regular (12-cup) muffin pan with cooking spray. Since this recipe makes 9 meatloaf muffins, you’ll only fill 9 not 12. Set aside.
2. To make bread crumbs: Toast 1 slice whole wheat or multi-grain bread. Place in blender and pulse until made into crumbs.
3. In a large bowl, add ground turkey, bread crumbs, onions, egg, Worcestershire sauce, ½ cup barbecue sauce, salt and pepper. Using your hands or a large spoon, thoroughly mix together until well blended.
4. Add meatloaf mixture to the 9 muffin cups, flattening out the tops. Top each meatloaf muffin with ¾ tablespoon barbecue sauce and spread evenly over top.
5. Bake for 40 minutes. Run a knife around each muffin to loosen it from pan. Remove to a serving plate.
Makes 9 meatloaf muffins (1-2 muffins per serving)
I love Milton’s Multi-Grain bread and used it to make the bread crumbs. It’s sold in most supermarkets and Trader Joe’s.
Sweet Baby Rays is such a delicious barbecue sauce. You’ll find it in most supermarkets where other barbecue sauces are sold.
Weight Watchers SmartPoints 2
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 4
115 calories, 1.6g fat, 0.2g sat. fat, 19mg chol, 18g protein, 18g carbs, 1g fiber, 317mg sodium, 3g sugar