Recipe By: calabash0420
“A magical melting moment of pure maple pleasure mixed with the wholesome goodness of peanut butter in a soft, moist delicious cake topped with a nutty peanut butter frosting. You can even add a cream cheese frosting drizzle for extra-special occasions!”
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup hot water
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure Michigan maple syrup
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Frosting Drizzle (Optional):
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened (optional)
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar (optional)
- 1 tablespoon milk (optional)
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease and flour the bottom of a 15×20-inch rimmed baking sheet or jelly roll pan, or line it with parchment paper.
- Sift white sugar and flour together in a bowl.
- Combine hot water, creamy peanut butter, and 1/2 cup butter in a saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- Blend yogurt, eggs, and baking soda together in a bowl. Pour peanut butter mixture into egg mixture in a steady stream, stirring constantly. Mix flour mixture into peanut butter mixture until batter is combined. Spread batter into prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until the center of the cake springs back when touched lightly with a fingertip, about 20 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- Combine chunky peanut butter, 1/2 cup butter, and 6 tablespoons milk in a small saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low; stir in confectioners’ sugar and maple syrup until sugar dissolves and frosting is smooth. Pour warm frosting over warm cake. Sprinkle walnuts, pecans, and almonds over the top; cool completely.
- Stir cream cheese, 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar, and 1 tablespoon milk together in a bowl until smooth; add almond extract. Fold whipped topping into cream cheese mixture until frosting is creamy and runny. Drizzle cream cheese frosting over the top of cooled cake.