- 1 1⁄2 cup crisp rice cereal, for a firmer bar increase up to 2 cups
- 1 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup dark corn syrup, light corn syrup, or honey
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat or regular peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup dark raisins, chopped nuts, seeds, or coconut
- 1⁄3 cup mini chocolate chips, refrigerate or freeze before mixing in to prevent melting, optional
- Lightly grease an 11 x 7 inch baking dish. A 13 x 9 inch baking dish can also be used, but bars will be thinner.
- In a large bowl, combine crisp rice cereal, oats, and raisins.
- In a saucepan, heat corn syrup and brown sugar just to a boil.
- Immediately remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla until well combined.
- Pour over the dry ingredients in the bowl; mix to combine.
- Mix in mini chocolate chips, if using. Work fast because the mixture hardens quickly.
- Transfer mixture into the prepared baking dish, then using slightly wet hands, press evenly into the pan.
- While the mixture is still soft, cut into bars with a sharp knife for easier slicing.
- Chill until firm.
- AMOUNT PER SERVING
- Calories 126
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 33.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 14.4 g
- Protein 1.5 g
- SmartPoints value : 6