When I pulled this handwritten recipe out of the old recipe tin, I was intrigued. There was no title, just five simple ingredients, and a very short jumble of instructions. After looking over the ingredients: butter, flour, sugar, pecans, I figured that this recipe was for something similar to Mexican Wedding Cakes (which I’ve always loved).
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup powdered sugar (optional)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix together with a fork. Roll into small balls (about 1-inch across) and place on baking sheet.
- Bake 13-15 minutes. Let cool and shake in a ziploc big filled with powdered sugar to coat, if using. Enjoy!