Recipe By: GRNSTR1PE
“Crimini mushrooms (also known as portabellini mushrooms) are stuffed with Cheddar cheese and bacon. This appetizer is an impressive and irresistible accompaniment to any meal.”
- 3 slices bacon
- 8 crimini mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, dice and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Remove mushroom stems. Set aside caps. Chop the stems.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Slowly cook and stir the chopped stems and onion until the onion is soft. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the mushroom stem mixture, bacon and 1/2 cup Cheddar. Mix well and scoop the mixture into the mushroom caps.
- Bake in the preheated oven 15 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Remove the mushrooms from the oven, and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.