- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup bananas mashed (about 2 medium bananas)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup sour cream*
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 2 cups powdered sugar sifted
- 2 to 3 tablespoon heavy cream more if needed for a pourable consistency
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Spray a 10-inch bundt pan with non-stick spray.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In the bowl of a mixer, cream sugar and butter.
Add eggs one at a time until well blended.
Add bananas and vanilla and mix until combined.
In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
Add flour mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour.
Pour into prepared bundt pan.
Bake 50 to 55 minutes.
Test by inserting a wooden pick into center of cake. Cake is done with no crumbs or dry crumbs are on wooden pick when removed.
Cream peanut butter, vanilla and corn syrup.
Slowly add powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon heavy cream at a time to mixer. Add more cream if necessary.
Pour and spread on cooled cake.