Recipe By: S. Hynek
“These cookies contain peanut butter and oatmeal.”
- 1 1/2 cups shortening
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- In a mixing bowl, cream the shortening and peanut butter. Add the brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla; mix well.
- Combine oats, flour, baking soda, and salt; add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by the rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet. Flatten with fork. Bake for 12 minutes or until done.