“Two favorite desserts in one! Gooey brownie with caramel pecan pie topping. Your guests will thank you! Serve with a big dollop of lightly sweetened whipped cream. Can be made a day ahead and stored, in an airtight container, at room temperature.”
- For the Brownie Layer:
- cooking spray
- 1 (18 ounce) package fudge brownie mix (such as Duncan Hines(R))
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- For the Pecan Pie Layer:
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon bourbon (optional)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 2 cups pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a deep 9-inch springform pan with aluminum foil and coat generously with cooking spray.
- Whisk brownie mix, oil, 2 eggs, and water together in a bowl until well combined. Spread batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven and leave oven on.
- Whisk brown sugar, corn syrup, 2 eggs, bourbon, vanilla extract, and salt together in a bowl. Add melted butter slowly, whisking until well combined. Add pecans and stir to coat in the filling. Pour gently over the brownie layer; spread evenly using a spatula.
- Bake in the hot oven until center is set, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool to room temperature, at least 2 hours.