- 4 cups turkey drippings or turkey/chicken stock
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- If you’re using turkey drippings, pour them through a fine-mesh strainer to remove any debris. Allow strained drippings to cool a bit and spoon off any fat that has risen to the top. If drippings don’t equal 4 cups of liquid, add chicken/turkey stock until you have 4 cups total.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Once melted, whisk in flour and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Slowly pour in turkey drippings or stock, stirring constantly. Continue cooking until gravy thickens, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately, or keep warm until ready to use. Enjoy!