Recipe By: Jamie Lowe
“A moist twist on the original pineapple upside-down cake.”
- cooking spray with flour
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple rings
- 1 (4 ounce) jar maraschino cherries
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/4 cup whole milk, or more as needed
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease fluted tube pan (such as Bundt(R)) with cooking spray with flour.
- Pour melted butter into the bottom of the prepared pan. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly on top. Drain pineapple rings over a measuring cup; reserve juice. Cut rings in half. Alternate placing halved pineapple rings and maraschino cherries around the pan. Set aside.
- Combine cake mix and pudding mix in a large mixing bowl. Pour enough milk into the reserved pineapple juice to make 1 cup of liquid; add to cake and pudding mixture. Pour in vegetable oil. Mix on low speed, adding 1 egg at a time until blended. Increase speed to medium; mix until thoroughly combined and smooth, about 2 minutes. Pour batter over pineapples and cherries in the pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 33 to 40 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.