- Prep time: 10 min
- Cook time: 45 min
- Serves: 6
- Difficulty: Easy
- Smart Points: 3
- 1 1/2 pound(s) uncooked new potato(es), halved or quartered if large
- 4 tsp olive oil, extra-virgin, divided
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 3/4 tsp sea salt, or kosher salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tsp lemon zest, or to taste
- 1 medium lemon(s), cut into 6 wedges
- 1 Tbsp mint leaves, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a 13- X 9-inch baking pan, toss potatoes with 1 tablespoon oil until coated. Sprinkle with lemon juice, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- Roast 30 minutes; remove from oven and stir. Roast until light golden in spots and tender, about 15 minutes more.
- Transfer potatoes to a serving bowl and toss with lemon zest and remaining 1 teaspoon oil; serve with lemon wedges and garnished with mint, if desired. Yields about 3/4 cup per serving.
If desired, garnish with chopped mint or parsley.
For a change, try this recipe with whole fingerling potatoes.