I quit introducing Cara as my wicked step-daughter after she prepared this dish and shared the recipe with me!
2 lb hamburger
2 finely chopped onions
4 c fresh chopped cabbage
salt and pepper to taste
2 pkg refrigerated crescent rolls
1 lb shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spread one tube of crescent rolls into the bottom of a 9x13x2 pan and bake 7 minutes or until brown.
3. While that is in the oven, brown the hamburger and onion in a skillet. Then drain.
4. Drain the grease from the hamburger and add the cabbage. Let it steam for a few minutes.
5. Add the salt and pepper.
6. Spread the hamburger/cabbage mix into the pan on top of the baked crescent dough.
7. Sprinkle the cheese on top of the meat mixture.
8. Spread the 2nd tube of crescent rolls over the top of the cheese.
9. Bake for 35-40 minutes, covering with foil the last 10 minutes to soften the crust.