Recipe By: Krista Tank
“My mother-in-law introduced me to this and it kinda stuck. I am from Iowa, now in Kentucky, and the only way I can get this is by making it at home.”
- 1 (3 pound) package frozen white bread dough
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium head cabbage, shredded
- 1 pound shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- vegetable oil
- Thaw out frozen bread dough; cut each roll into 3 pieces and set aside. Brown beef and cabbage in a large skillet, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Roll out bread dough and cut into squares. Place a spoonful of the beef/cabbage mixture onto the center of each dough square. Sprinkle cheese on top, fold over and pinch sides to seal. Rub a bit of oil on the outside of each pastry.
- Place in a 9×13 inch baking dish and bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 60 minutes, or until golden brown.