Recipe By: Rachel Heather Henderson
“This is a sweet-salty recipe for decadent banana bread with an unusual twist that is guaranteed to satisfy your sweet tooth. This bread is great served warm; toast in a toaster oven, if desired.”
- cooking spray
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9×5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt together in a bowl.
- Beat 1/2 cup butter and 1 cup brown sugar together in a bowl using an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until combined. Beat bananas and 1 tablespoon vanilla extract into butter mixture. Gradually add flour mixture, beating on low speed, just until incorporated. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 45 to 55 minutes. Cool in the pan for 20 minutes. Run knife around edges of bread and transfer to a wire rack.
- Heat 1/4 cup brown sugar and 2 tablespoons butter in a saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil. Cook, stirring constantly with a whisk, until sugar is dissolved, about 1 minute. Stir cream into brown sugar mixture and remove saucepan from heat. Stir 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar and 1/4 teaspoon salt into cream mixture until glaze is smooth. Drizzle glaze over loaf.