Recipe By: Pat Kersteter
“Cook this on a rosette iron, then sprinkle with sugar.”
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- vegetable oil for frying
- sifted confectioners’ sugar
- Combine eggs, sugar and salt; beat well. Add remaining ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Heat a rosette iron in deep, hot oil (375 degrees) for 2 minutes.
- Drain excess oil from iron. Dip in batter to 1/4 inch from the top of the iron, then dip iron immediately into hot oil (375 degrees).
- Fry rosette until golden, about 30 seconds. Lift out; tip upside down to drain. With fork, push rosette off iron onto a rack placed over paper towels.
- Reheat iron 1 minute; make next rosette.
- Sprinkle rosettes with confectioners’ sugar.