Recipe By: WALLEYE
“Our mother made these for us as kids, and they continue to be a family favorite. A wonderful combination of peanut butter, and chocolate, and butterscotch with a crispy texture.”
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- Generously butter a 9×13 inch baking pan. Set aside.
- In a large pot, mix together corn syrup, sugar, and peanut butter. Cook over medium heat, stirring until peanut butter melts. Bring mixture to a boil. Remove from heat, and stir in crisp rice cereal.
- Transfer mixture into a well buttered 9×13 inch pan. With your hands well buttered, pat it down into pan.
- In a medium saucepan, over medium low heat, melt chocolate chips and butterscotch chips until smooth. Spread over top of bars and let bars cool. Cut into squares.