Recipe By: SILVER SHADOWWOLF
“This is an easy to make recipe that is great for potlucks, church gatherings, holidays, or outside gatherings. It is also a non-hassle recipe for you working folks, single folks, or even for kids to make! You can even make it ahead of time by preparing the casserole and then freezing it – for up to 3months! My family loves this casserole and we change things around in it, by adding or taking out different things. Have fun with it, and I would love to hear comments on what worked for you and what changes you made! Serve with dinner rolls or French bread and a salad!”
- 6 ounces egg noodles
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5 cups cooked, shredded chicken breast meat
- 1 (10 ounce) package chopped frozen broccoli, thawed
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until al dente; drain. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C.) Grease a 9×13 inch casserole dish.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Saute onion until tender, about 3 minutes. Mix in flour. Gradually stir in chicken broth. Slowly stir in milk, and cook, stirring, until sauce begins to thicken. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place cooked noodles in the bottom of casserole dish. Arrange cooked chicken in an even layer over noodles. Place broccoli over the chicken. Pour sauce evenly over the broccoli. Combine cheeses, and sprinkle half over the casserole.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until the cheese melts. Remove from oven, and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Allow to set for 5 minutes, until cheese melts.