Recipe By: kyle
“Brussels sprouts with bacon and garlic are skillet-braised until tender and delicious.”
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, sliced into 1/4-inch strips, or more to taste
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved, or more to taste
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced, or more to taste
- 1/2 cup chicken stock, or more as needed
- 1 tablespoon butter, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, or more to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Place bacon in a large skillet over medium-low heat; cook until just crisp, about 10 minutes. Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate, reserving bacon grease in skillet.
- Increase heat to medium-high under skillet; saute Brussels sprouts in the bacon grease until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Add garlic to Brussels sprouts; saute until garlic is fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour chicken stock over Brussels sprouts mixture and cover skillet with a lid; simmer until Brussels sprouts are bright green, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove lid and continue simmering until liquid is evaporated and sprouts are tender, about 5 more minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir bacon, butter, vinegar, salt, and pepper into Brussels sprouts mixture until butter is melted.